The company turned to Dynamics West to see what could be done and we set about migrating them over to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017. The upgrade went smoothly with the switch taking place over a holiday weekend – it was Navision 2.6 on Friday and NAV 2017 on Monday morning.
The first thing we did was train their personnel on the new software and get them to unlearn all of the bad habits they had from years of misusing Navision. After taking the time to really understand what they needed the software for and how they wanted to use it, we developed a detailed training program to get them up to speed on NAV.
By upgrading to NAV 2017, the company unlocked a whole host of new features, including (but not limited to!):
- Kitting (Assembly Management) and Manufacturing
- MRP capabilities
- Physical Inventory and Cycle Counting
- Reservations, Capable to Promise
- Inventory valuation improvements
- Price lists
- New Finance features including Inventory Costing, Cash Flow and Fixed Assets
- On-line currency exchange rate update
- Improved NAV CRM functionality
- Send to Excel, send to e-mail and built in PDF printing
- Document Management
- Integrated shipping for UPS and FedEx
- History Management